Friday, September 29, 2006

I m a sucker for kittens.......

A few nights ago I went to the store around midnight to get a pack of cigs. I dont smoke, so dont think they were for me!! When I got out of my car I heard something that sounded like a loud cry from a cat or a kitten. I didnt pay much attention, I just walked in the store. But when I walked out, I couldnt ignore it, it was so disturbing on so many levels. I had to see what was crying, I was worried a cat might have gotten hit by a car, since it was coming from the other side of the road. So of course, I went to investigate & sure enough I found a little black & white kitten on the side of the road, across the street. I wasnt sure if he or she had been hit by a car, so I tried to see if he or she was ok. But as soon as I walked up to the little guy he tried to hide from me in between a brick wall & a light post. I could tell he was maybe a few weeks old. So I went back & got my mother so she could help me see if this kitten was ok or not. We went back & sure enough he was in the same spot as I had left him. She picked him up & I had started knocking on doors to see if anyone would claim him, no one did. So we took him home & checked him out. He seemed to be ok, just starving & very, very dirty. I gave him a bath & he was limp in my hands, it was so sad. All the white on his body was so dirty he almost looked all black. After his bath, I fed him a few bowls of baby food. Poor baby ate like he hadnt eaten in days. I could tell since he was all skin & bones. The next day I took him to my vets office & had him checked for everything. He was under weight & had a shit load of fleas on him. They deflead him, dewormed him, & sent him home with me. Thats when I found out he or she was a he!!The vet also told me he was about 6 or 7 weeks old. That was 5days ago!!

Since then Ive put out ads to see if anyone would claim him. I also went door to door around the neighborhood to see if anyone knew who this little guy belong too. I did find out that his other Brothers & sisters had all died from being hit by cars. I think his mama died as well!! They were all strays in the neighborhood. So right now I ve been trying to find him a good home, & so far no luck. I have a feeling I have a new addition to my family.

I was thinking about naming him Ciggy since cigarettes had saved his life. What do you think I should name this little guy? Heres a photo to help out!!
Do you remember this photo? Doesnt he look just like this kitten? TOO CUTE!!
Here you can see who made friends with him. None of the other cats, Ivy, or Lilo want anything to do with him. Its so cute, everytime one of the other cats hisses at him Chelsea gets in between them & barks at them. Its so cute! I swear Chelsea thinks she his mama!!
I hope all is well with everyone!! Take care. If you can think of a good name for this little guy please let me know. Love always, MM XOXOXOXO

17 Comments:

Blogger JLee said...

awwww...that is so sweet!! That same thing happened to me, but we were at a Chili's. These little kittens (which were also black and white!) were in a ditch, living inside the drain pipe. I tried to throw bread and try to catch them, but couldn't so I told the manager in the restaurant about them. You could call your new baby "Sylvester" cuz he is black and white? lol

9/29/2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

What a sweetheart you are taking the kitten in in the first place.

For a name, I'd say Smokey or Ashes, or maybe Ziggy (instead of Ciggy.) The kitten sure is cute and it is definitely adorable that your dog has befriended the cat first. Don't worry, Ivy and Lilo will come around in time.

My oldest cat had a similar reaction to the new kitten (who was found homeless by the sister of an old co-worker of mine) once upon a time. Now they get along fine. That was over eight years ago. Cats are very territorial.

If you still have the cat when he gets old enough, be sure to have him neutered.

---

How are you doing healthwise, love?

g

9/29/2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger Crashtest Comic said...

Too many damn animals in the house.

www.crashtestcomic.com

9/29/2006 5:03 PM  
Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Sooo cute and he does look like that other cat. Chelsea is toooo cute too. Hehe...

You are so kind...thank-you for saving this innocent creature.

9/29/2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger Lhonez said...

In my neighborhood in Chicago, there are numerous cats that live "wild". There are a family of "alley" cats that live under the garage behind our building. The neighborhood puts out food for these "alley" cats because they control the local rat and pidgeon population. I like the alley cats. There is a callico cat that jogs along side me for a block or so every morning.":)_

9/29/2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

eek, avoid the milk. The milk sugar in it will give him stomach ache and diarhoea.

Very nice deposit in the karma bank for you :)

9/30/2006 5:02 AM  
Blogger alan said...

Your heart is as wonderful as you are, my friend!

Somehow seeing those photos, you know this was meant to be, don't you?

Glad to know you are doing all right...

alan

9/30/2006 10:19 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Hey MM, that little kitten looks like a short hair version of my cat Fred!! He's too cute, I know if I found him, I would keep it.
Hope everything is going good for you. Take care!!! XOXOX

9/30/2006 11:29 AM  
Blogger Mystical Me said...

Jlee,
Thats so sad!! I do hope they are ok. Your a lot like me, I m a sucker for all animals. If I had the money I think I would live like Michael Jackson. But only with the animals, not the kids. Eeewww!! Love ya!! XOXO

Green,
Thank you for saying so. I was thinking about naming him Ziggy, lol. You should see these two together in person its so much cuter then the picture. They play together 24/7 & I get ran over every night, lol. Also, Ivy is starting to come around, Thankfully.
Health wise I m doing OK. Take care sweetheart. XOXO

Crashtest comic,
Your right there is way too many animals in my house. LOL!!

James,
Your so right this little guy is pretty cute. Thanks sweetheart, your awesome. XOXO

Lhonez,
How cute to have a little one run with you like that. Its sad to know cats are left from their owners. Luckly there are people who will still care for them even thou they are strays. I truly believe everything in the world has a purpose, even an alley cat. Thanks for commenting & do take care. XOXO

ICECOLDCOKE,
Thank you!! I like the name Baccy, lol. Although, the milk might make him have runny poop, so Ill just give him a kiss from you. ;) Take care sweetie & thanks again. XOXO

Ms Smack,
I agree with you on the milk. I need all the good Karma I can get so hopefully your right. :) XOXO

Alan,
Your always suck a sweetheart, thanks for always being so sweet. Yes, I think it is ment for me to keep him. Everyday it gets harder & harder to even think about giving him up. So I think your right about that. Take care!! XOXO

Scott,
I didnt even think about that. How funny, now we have the same type of cat. COOL!! I think I m going to keep him. Now I just need to find him the perfect name. HELP!! Thanks & do take care. XOXO

Love always, MM XOXO

9/30/2006 4:05 PM  
Blogger Cezi said...

MM you have such a kind heart, that little kitten was very lucky you found him.
What a sweet story… the sweet little thing got a wonderful home and you, a new baby.
Love the pics….so sweet.

9/30/2006 9:17 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

They are all adorable!! I am s sucker too. Especially Siamese (two gusses why)? Please rest and take care of yourself. I think about you often.

xxxxxx

10/01/2006 4:59 AM  
Blogger Cezi said...

MM Chelsea is so cute! What do you feed her? And how much does she eat? I need help; my poor little Lacy is so over weigh I don’t know what to do. I take her for a walk everyday…but she’s starting to look more like a potbelly pig to me :)

10/02/2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger Cezi said...

MM Chelsea is so cute! What do you feed her? And how much does she eat? I need help; my poor little Lacy is so over weigh I don’t know what to do. I take her for a walk everyday…but she’s starting to look more like a potbelly pig to me :)

10/02/2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger Polyman2 said...

You are an angel,
and jlee is right-
he does look like a sylvester.

I hope life is treating
you better, my love.

10/02/2006 2:15 PM  
Blogger Mystical Me said...

Cezi,
Thank you for saying so! I think you have a kind, & wondeful heart too. How have you been? Its been awhile since Ive heard from you sweetie. I do hope all is well with you.
As far as what Chelsea eats, the only thing she will eat is dry food, occasionally she will eat can food, but not that often. I always leave a huge bowl of dry food out for her to eat whenever she wants too. But, I dont see her eat very much. I think thats why she keeps her cute little figure.;) She only weighs 4lbs at the most. How old is Lacy? I do know they have dry food that you can buy for over weigh dogs. You could always try that & see if it works out for her. Let me know what you think. Take care sweetheart & please keep intouch. Love, MM XOXO

Marie,
Your so awesome!! I have been keeping busy lately, so I dont get much rest anymore. But I m doing really well. I think about you too sweetheart, & I do hope all is well with you. I have to admit you had me in tears with your last post. Stay strong!! Love always, MM XOXOXO

Storm,
Thank you!! Chester is a cute name!! :)He has made himself quite at home these days. I m not sure he even remembers that I saved his ass. Hes really been the little butt head these days. Like today he used my leg as a climbing post, UGH that hurt. LOL!! I still love him though. I m such a sucker!
Ivy has started kicking in her maternal instincts. She has started cleaning him, & nuturing him, its too cute. Ill have to post some photos. I hope all is well with you & thinks for everything. XOXO

Polyman,
Your such a sweetheart, thank you for saying so. The name sylvester, is too cute. But I m thinking about naming him Shakespeare in memory of the missing Meerkat, on Meerkat Manor. Have you seen it? If not you need too, they are soooo cute.
Take care sweetie!! Love, MM XOXOXO

10/03/2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

So do we have a definite winner in the naming contest?

10/04/2006 6:54 PM  
Blogger mushroom said...

now that is just tooooo cute.

I love kitty's too, our spoilt little thing has its own lambswool....

10/04/2006 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home